Is he a Milkman?

I moved back to affable flashback this morning when I took out milk (‘mjölk’ as they call it in Sweden) from my refrigerator for making tea.

Last year.…one morning, I was busy packing lunch for me and my husband, when the door bell rang. I walked towards the door and tried to peek from the net window. The vision was opaque so I opened the door. There I saw a fair complexion teenager guy with average height and black specs on his eyes. At first glance, he seemed a society neighbor to me. Swiftly his hand stretched forward offering me milk plastic bag. ‘Didi, do you need bread, curd or paneer’? He asked in his persuading voice with a sweet smile on face. I was shocked to realize that this young guy is my new milkman. ‘why are you doing this job? Instead, you should concentrate on studies at this phase of life’ I questioned him in my state of shock. He was excited to be asked and in his whimsical zest he told me that he has completed his schooling this year and pursuing his first year of graduation (B.Com) through correspondence. He proclaimed his interests in computers as well and told that he did a short term diploma from a private institute. This milk delivery job was assistance for his basic necessities of existence. I was touched!!

After few weeks… Another busy morning and I was already running late for the office. Door bell rang and I expeditiously opened the door and took the milk bag from him. I was about to close the door and I heard…. ‘Didi I need to talk to you’.‘Yes quickly I am getting late’ I said. He started articulating himself and I inferred that he is not just another milk man. He told me about his dreams and ambitions in life. So focused and all motivated!! He showed his interest in higher studies and fulltime office job. It was a complete counseling session with him about his studies and job prospects. By that time I was totally engrossed into the conversation keeping my late office attendance by side. He was looking for my guidance in studies and help in getting a job. ‘It will be difficult for you to manage full time job and studies in parallel. So look for a part time job’ I suggested.’ Don’t worry about time didi, I will manage my nights’ He replied. I reassured him by saying that I will definitely try to look some option for him. He was eased and his smile showed a felling of gratification. I drove all the way to my office retrospecting my friends and colleagues contact list who can help him in getting a job….

After two days of discussion, he didn’t turn up and my milk was not delivered for couple of days till the time the shopkeeper couldn’t find another milk man. Strangely, I was happy irrespective of the inconvenience of milk not delivered at my home. I strongly feel that he must be on his way of fulfilling his dreams….

When a person wants something with enough passion, everything seems to go perfect!

2 comments:

Plus a right guidance as provided by you...!

 

God bless that young milkman with dreamy eyes

 

Post a Comment